We are currently seeking a freelance copywriter looking to pick up additional client work with a quickly growing, HubSpot-certified B2B SaaS marketing agency. The ideal candidate has knowledge of short-form direct response sales writing best practices to help our clients generate and convert leads.
The freelance conversion copywriter role involves writing short-form copy for client digital marketing campaigns to drive action, including emails, social posts, digital ads and landing pages. This role also involves writing sales collateral, such as sell sheets, presentation decks and case studies.
This writer will work on multiple Accelity clients and partner with another writer assigned to write the long-form copy (blogs, downloadable content, etc.).
Freelance copywriters will receive the information they need to write a piece that meets the client’s needs, including a client brief, campaign brief and assignment brief, from their project manager.
Based on the qualifications/experience of the candidate, we may also ask for assistance in these areas:
- Copyediting and proofreading for others on the team
- Writing long-form copy, such as blogs and downloadable content
As a marketing agency serving many clients, Accelity needs a fairly quick turnaround on assignments from freelance writers. Candidates must meet these minimum requirements to be considered for the position:
- Ability to turn assignments around in 2-3 days
- Ability to check in to email/project management system at least once every 24 hours to watch for new assignments
- Ability to commit to 10 hours per week, though some weeks will be much lighter depending on campaign flow
- Ability to learn the buyers, pain points and messaging for multiple B2B clients in various industries
- 2–3+ years of professional copywriting experience (freelance experience is acceptable)
- Professional experience with direct response sales/conversion writing
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven ability to write strong, compelling short-form copy (such as emails, calls to action or social posts) and sales-focused copy
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and deeply understand client needs
- General understanding of inbound marketing content strategy, mostly focused on creating compelling, educational content that speaks to a specific buyer’s needs
- Experience writing for B2B companies
APPRECIATED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience with or knowledge of SaaS marketing/copywriting