Want to join a fast-growing sales & marketing agency and work with a creative, witty, supportive, ass-kicking team? Accelity partners with B2B software companies to help achieve their growth goals, assisting with sales, marketing and client retention efforts through our vast experience and expertise.
The Strategic Account Advisor Consultant role is critical to client success at Accelity. While each client is assigned an Marketing Account Manager that organizes activities day-to-day and acts as a liaison between the client and the rest of the team, we also assign each client an experienced Strategic Account Advisor to help guide the overall strategy for the account. The Strategic Account Advisor Consultant is responsible for concepting marketing strategy and providing strategic oversight for clients, with a goal of hitting client results. This role is freelance, and could be 5-15 hours per week depending on client load and capacity.
Concept and guide strategy for Accelity clients, including annual strategic sales & marketing planning + breaking that plan down into quarterly planning and monthly campaigns/initiatives. Define KPIs to hit client goals, and ensure all strategy and execution aligns with those goals. Work closely with the Account Manager, who is the main client point of contact and manages the account, projects, tasks.
During new client onboarding:
- Help new clients lay the foundation of their marketing strategy via our client onboarding process, which includes identifying target buyers, unique selling propositions, and planning strategy for the first 12 months of the engagement. Plan must scale to fit client budget, which could be from 40-100 hours/month.
Once annually (Q4):
- Review annual metrics, discuss client goals, create full strategic marketing plan for next year (scaling based on client budget)
- Review annual plan, recent results, and client priorities to create a more specific strategic plan each quarter
- Review and analyze monthly marketing metrics with the Account Manager, then present those metrics to the clients with recommended strategy adjustments.
- Join client check-in meetings at least 2-4 times per month to guide campaign planning, strategic direction and results analysis.
- Collaborate weekly with Account Manager to help steer account, provide ad hoc strategic direction/insight, ensure plan is on track, review metrics, etc.
- Attend client meetings during normal business hours
- Meet with Account Manager (and sometimes other team members) during normal business hours
- Collaborate with Accelity staff as needed, including serving as the strategic voice and direction for the account
- Scale strategy up or down based on client budget and stay within prescribed budget allocation
- Represent yourself as a member of the Accelity team to clients
- Bring a positive attitude and the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure clients hit their sales & marketing goals
- 5+ years of experience working with B2B companies or clients in a strategic marketing role, ideally in an agency setting
- A proven track record of full-funnel planning and revenue generation in B2B SaaS or similar
- A thorough understanding of digital B2B marketing, sales and content strategy
- Confidence to steer clients toward industry best practices and recommendations with the ability to educate clients on an ongoing basis