We are currently seeking a freelance copywriter looking to pick up additional client work with a quickly growing, HubSpot-certified B2B SaaS marketing agency. The ideal candidate has knowledge of the insurtech industry to support our clients.
The freelance copywriter role involves writing long-form copy for client digital marketing campaigns, including blogs, ebooks, checklists, and guides.
Freelance copywriters will receive the information they need to write a piece that meets the client’s needs, including a client brief, campaign brief and assignment brief, from their project manager. Some light individual research may also be required.
Based on the qualifications/experience of the candidate, we may also ask for assistance in these areas:
- Copyediting and proofreading for others on the team
- Writing short-form, direct response copy, such as emails, landing pages, social media posts, and digital ads
As a marketing agency serving many clients, Accelity needs a fairly quick turnaround on assignments from freelance writers. Candidates must meet these minimum requirements to be considered for the position:
- Ability to turn assignments around in 2-3 days (typically 500-1000 words)
- Ability to check in to email/project management system at least once every 24 hours to watch for new assignments
- Ability to dedicate 5-10 hours per week (per client), though some weeks will be much lighter depending on campaign flow
- 2–3+ years of professional copywriting experience (freelance experience is acceptable)
- Professional experience or knowledge of insurtech, insurance or related fields
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven ability to write strong, compelling long-form copy (such as ebooks or blogs)
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and deeply understand client needs
- General understanding of inbound marketing content strategy mostly focused on creating compelling, educational content that speaks to a specific buyer’s needs
APPRECIATED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience writing short-form pieces to promote the blog or content, such as emails, social posts, landing pages and digital ads
- Experience with or knowledge of B2B marketing/copywriting
- Experience with or knowledge of SaaS marketing/copywriting